Today I arrived back in Manila after spending a quick three days in Indonesia and then five days on a smaller Philippine island. Tomorrow morning I start my 24-hour trip back to the States.
Since I have not been able to post and share my experiences I found myself taking more time to think about all that was happening and try to process it. I feel like I understand better where the Bible says that Jesus' mother Mary was "storing up all these things in her heart." I have so many stories, so many God moments that I am so thankful for the way things have worked out.
I am so excited to share these stories with you once I get back to the States and have a good night's rest :) Till then here are just a few of the things that have been happening:
- I filled up 18GM of memory cards with photos and videos
- I visited Mary Joy three times
- I met Careen's parents and almost all of her extended family
- I met Uli and got to know her and her two older sisters
- I visited with a friend's LDP student and got to share the love that her sponsor has for her
- I met another friend's sponsored child and got to hear her story
- I attended a Compassion project and got to see the work in action
- I got to visit a good philippina friend and catch up over dinner and coffee
- I traveled by jeepney, tricycle, tricicad, light rail, and more taxies than I can count
- I ate fresh coconut
- I swam in the ocean